This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Easy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes is a quick Whole 30 pressure cooker recipe that will teach you how long to cook whole baked sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot. These are perfect for a crowd for holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even as a lunch or dinner side dish!
Calories: 136 Fat: 2G Net Carbs: 25G Protein: 2G
If you love potatoes you will have to try out my Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Potatoes Casserole. These are two of my favorites!
I have had an Instant Pot for well over a year now. I am still tickled by how easy it is to whip up a lot of my favorites.
Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, pretty much any potato usually takes 45 minutes to an hour to prepare if baking.
I used to wrap up my sweet potatoes in foil and throw them in the oven. The waiting game was insane!
Not because they took a long time to cook, but because I always found myself poking hard potatoes that weren’t finished cooking EVERY time I checked on them.
The Instant Pot has worked wonders for my impatience. I’m still working on it though! 🙂
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Tips
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot for 15 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking. Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes. Do not perform a quick release.
- You can choose to use a steam rack while cooking, or you can place the sweet potatoes directly in the Instant Pot with water. I prefer to use the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot.
- You can peel the potatoes beforehand or cook them with the skin on. When prepping sweet potatoes as a side dish, I leave the skin on. For mashed sweet potatoes, peel them first.
- One cup of water is needed in the Instant Pot.
- I love to season my sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and top them with butter
Instant Pot DUO60
Steamer Rack Trivet with Handles
Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Container Set (18-Piece, BPA-free)
This Instant Pot Accessories Sethas everything you need to master the Instant Pot. It includes with Steamer Basket, Egg Steamer Rack, Non-stick Springform Pan, Steaming Stand, 1 Pair Silicone Cooking Pot Mitts, and more.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta