This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the fastest, easiest chicken noodle soup for when you need comfort food fast! The Instant Pot does all the work yet it tastes just like grandma used to make!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
I love chicken recipes, like this Instant Pot Chicken Thighs Recipe, and soup recipes. However, chicken noodle soup is exactly what I need when I’m sick or when it is cold outside or just when I want some serious comfort food. I know I’m not alone. There is something soothing and comforting about that warm, flavorful broth, with pieces of chicken, onions, celery, carrots, and noodles.
Is Chicken Noodle Soup Good For When We Are Sick?
I knew that chicken noodle soup was grandma’s medicine whenever we got sick. Maybe she was onto something. A study published in the official publication of American College of Chest Physicians says that chicken noodle soup may indeed have a beneficial anti-inflammatory effect when we are sick. I knew Grandma knew what she was doing!
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
The classic way to make chicken noodle soup is to boil a whole chicken and then shred the chicken and then use the broth from the boiled chicken to make the soup.
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe takes some shortcuts, such as using chicken broth, and boneless, skinless, chicken but still has that some awesome flavor as the classic version.
Tools Needed To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
What Is An Instant Pot?
- An Instant Pot is a brand of pressure cooker. A pressure cooker is a cooking device that cooks food using steam that builds pressure inside the cooker and cooks food very fast and keeps food moist.
What Size Instant Pot Do I need?
- That depends on how many people you have to serve. Unless you are only cooking for two people most of the time, I recommend getting at least a 6 quart Instant Pot. However, if you have a large family to feed, then you may want to consider getting the 8 quart Instant Pot.
- What Is An Instant Pot?
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker and don’t want to buy one, then I recommend making my classic Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that does not require an Instant Pot.
Ingredients For Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 baby carrots, sliced or chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 pounds (24-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken (use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, etc)
- 4 cups (32-ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
Step By Step Instructions
**Before using your Instant Pot, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions regarding how to use the Instant Pot.**
For a printable recipe card with all the details, scroll down to the bottom of the blog post.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Turn on the saute setting on the Instant Pot.
- Add Oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chopped onions, celery, and carrots. Stir and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped chicken into the Instant Pot along with the vegetables.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning, and saute the chicken and vegetables for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and the egg noodles.
- Close the lid, move the vent to “sealing” position.
How Long To Pressure Cook Chicken Noodle Soup
- Set the Instant Pot to the Soup setting and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, let the Instant Pot release the pressure naturally for about 10 minutes and then carefully use the quick release method to release the remaining steam. (Read the manufacturer’s instructions for how to do this for your pressure cooker.)
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Carefully open the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chicken noodle soup in soup bowls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Tips For Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Can I use chicken with bones and skin? Yes, it will add lots of flavor. Instead of cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces, cook the whole pieces in the broth first before adding the noodles. Remove the chicken pieces and shred the chicken and then add back into the soup.
- Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts? Yes. You will need to cook the chicken in the broth first, before adding the noodles, and cook for a longer amount of time, maybe for 10 minutes.
- Can I Make The Chicken Broth From Scratch? Absolutely, Instead of using chicken broth, you start by cooking a whole chicken or chicken pieces in the Instant Pot with water for about 20 minutes. Time may vary depending on the size of the chicken. Then use the Instant Pot natural release to release the steam for another 20 minutes.
Other Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings – Another must-have comfort-food soup that is so good, you’ll want to make again and again.
Instant Pot Sausage and Tortellini Soup – A delicious hearty, creamy soup with Italian sausage, cheese tortellini, and spinach.
Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice, by Bread, Booze, and Bacon, has southwestern flavors that will satisfy your soul!
Instant Pot Beef Stew – is the BEST beef stew with fork-tender beef, potatoes, and vegetables in a rich, savory gravy that is ready in an hour.
Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup, by Foodtastic Mom, is healthy and fresh-tasting and as simple to make as opening a few cans.
Pin To Save
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION