InstaPot Chicken Parmesan and Potatoes is a Quick and Easy Dinner
Weeknight dinners are usually a race against the clock, fortunately your instant pot pressure cooker is here to help. This instapot Chicken Parmesan and Potatoes recipe is an easy one pot meal that the whole family will love. This is healthy comfort food at its best and most delicious.
This delectable chicken dish can be made with either large pieces of chicken or cubed chicken. If you cut the white meat chicken breast into cubes before cooking, you can serve this poultry delight right from your multi-cooker. Cubing the white meat chicken not only saves time, it also makes serving children easier. Anything to save a minute and cut down on dinner time frustration.
Speaking of serving, if you plan on serving with some of the delicious broth, serving in a bowl is easier to manage. Again, cubing the chicken before cooking will make it easier to eat from a bowl, too.
Sprinkling grated, instead of powdered, Parmesan cheese over the chicken and potatoes on your plate is the final, delicious touch. Powdered Parmesan cheese works too, but the grated just seems to have more flavor and looks a little nicer. You can adjust the Parmesan cheese to your taste, or leave it off entirely if you have children who don’t like it. Any way you serve it, this instant pot classic belongs in your family’s recipe rotation.
chicken recipe, instapot recipe
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (can be cubed for easier serving)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or fresh rosemary
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Select “sauté on high heat” on the InstaPot and add the butter. Once hot, add the chicken and sauté for about 2 minutes on each side (will not be completely cooked).
- Add the potatoes to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth, garlic and thyme or rosemary. Secure the lid.
- Select “Manual” and cook for 20 minutes on high pressure. When cooking is complete, slow release for about 10 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to a platter. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.
Before serving you want to LIBERALLY sprinkle the Parmesan over everything. Don’t be afraid, it’s what makes the dish. There will be liquid left over in the bottom; we spooned a little over our food because it’s so tasty.
#chicken #poultry #chickenparmaesan #chickenpotatoes #instapotchicken #instapotchickenpotatoes #instantpotfamilymeal #instantpotchicken #instantpotchickenparmesan #pressurecookerchicken #pressurecookerfamilymeal #comfortfood #instantpotcooking #pressurecooker